SILVER SCREEN - Rising of the Bat (The Dark Knight Rises)

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES




Written by:
Directed by: Christopher Nolan





Eight years after the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Gotham city is at peace. Dent is seen as the Hero of Gotham via his Dent Act, an act preventing parole against those convicted due to organized crimes. Batman is being accused of murdering Harvey Dent. Commisioner Gordon, the only other person who truly witnessed what happened is keeping the Bat's secret to preserve the memory of Dent. Batman has retired. Bruce Wayne does not show himself to people because of what happened. Eight years after that incident, A new breed of terror is about to come. Who will save Gotham city from a terrorist named Bane, the one who has lived in hell and is bringing hell to Gotham City. Can Batman rise from the ashes and save the city and society that has never appreciated him?


Starring:

Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle
Tom Hardy as Bane
Michael Caine as Alfred
Gary Oldman as Commisioner Gordon
Joseph Gordon Levitt as John Blake
Marrion Cottilard as Miranda Tate


Batman is my childhood hero. I am a big Batman fan because I believe he is the only superhero. He uses his brains and assets to conquer evil. So although It was not on my plans to watch a movie last friday because of the heavy downpour, I went out of my way to watch it and here is what I thought about the movie:


I cannot find the exact words to describe this movie. Not because I did not like it or don't know what to say but because of the multiple feelings that i got while watching it. I felt excited, thrilled, scared, happy, terrified, hyped and shocked and many more. Christopher Nolan is a genius. Also, Christian Bale and Gary Oldman, two of my favorite actors in my favorite superhero movie, perfect. Do I need to say more about them?

One thing people are waiting for in this movie is Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle. We all know  she's pretty and talented but can she pull off the cat suit? I think, she did in her own way. I believe that everyone would agree, Michelle Pfeiffer will always be Catwoman and I think Nolan and the writers understood that. They never once called Hathaway Catwoman but always Selina Kyle. Anne Hathaway's portrayal of the cat burglar was angrier at society than other versions but has more heart.

Tom Hardy as Bane was quite scary. I first know Bane from the 1997 George Clooney version of Batman. The old Bane was just an ordinary criminal who was experimented on and a mercenary.  Tom Hardy as Bane is just scary. Not because he's big and all but he just scares me. Again, kudos to the writer and Nolan for this character.

Also, Joseph Gordon Levitt's performance was quite impressive. Well, actually, I've been impressed with him since before so I wasn't surprised at all that he did a nice job. But I am not sure of what his character is gonna be. []SPOILER ALERT Will he be the Robin or simply just a namesake, but why did Bruce gave him the secret of the batcave? I think we just have to wait what Nolan has in store for us.

So that's it. If you haven't watched it yet, I strongly suggest to you to do so. Happy watching!!




Comments