PIECES OF ME - The Road Not Taken



Robert Frost once said "I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference". That line was from his poem "The Road Not Taken". I've always loved that poem. Not only does it talk about making the different choice and still enjoying it, but it also talks of taking the high road when no one else does or being unique in your choices and decisions is okay or sometimes the road to success is not the easy way but the one less traveled by. Well it's a poem and it can mean anything to anyone but I believe that's what Robert Frost was trying to say.



Recently, I quit my job because I wasn't happy about it. My mom kept on asking me why I wasn't happy. I could not really tell her too. I didn't know what was it that made me unhappy then. Until sometime during the Christmas season that it finally dawned on me. What made me unhappy is that I don't want to be stuck in an office job. I don't want to be someone who goes to work just because I have a contract or because of the pay. Don't get me wrong but money is important to me. I just want to do something that makes me happy. My old job did not excite me anymore. It does not inspire me to be more active in my work. I felt i was destined for something greater. I felt I was trapped because there was no growth. Just the same old thing over and over again and I don't want that.

I am a person who have big dreams. Some dreams bigger than my capabilities but hey, I am a fast learner. I want to accomplish so many things in life. I want to travel to different places. I want to see the world with my own eyes. I want to have my own business. I want a job that I can say is my own and something I can say in the future is my legacy. I want to perform! I want to share my God-given talents with the rest of the world. I want to be someone famous and be someone adored by people. I want to use the fame I will have for a good cause. I want to inspire other people to do good and be kind to one another. I want to be a student of life! I want to enjoy life and learn from experience with my family and friends. I want all these things to be a reality. Not just some dream that a person will have for the rest of his life

Now I know you're probably thinking how can he achieve all these if he doesn't have a job. Well, I've thought about that too. Of course, sooner or later, I will be looking for a new job. I need to live. I still don't know how am I gonna achieve all my dreams but something tells me that I can. I know I am destined for something greater. I know I can do it. Now what is the the connection of all of these with travelling the road less traveled? Well, it's because I refuse to travel the road taken by many. Mediocrity. I refuse to be a mediocre, self-thinking, passive office worker. I refuse to be stuck in a job I was not happy about. Yes, the road to achieve my dreams will not be easy but I know it's okay. It may be the road less traveled but i know that when I go through it, it will be worth it.


For comments, questions or suggestions post them below or on twitter @iamthebluedevil


Comments