FROM THYSHELF - Receiving The Gift

It's been awhile since I've last posted a book review and I thin it's time to get back into it. So, this book is also from Netgalley and it's my fourth book from the site. Netgalley is great for book bloggers because it gives us the chance to read and review books which are not yet published or were just recently published.

Anyway, here is what I thought about Andrea J. Buchanan"s The Gift





The Gift is a story of a young girl named Daisy. She has this extraordinary gift that she has been trying to suppress because of the damage it can bring. One day, she found her classmate Vivi unconscious on the bathroom floor, and she became the key to helping her new found friend. Little did she know that helping Vivi not only puts her in danger but her best friend Danielle and her boyfriend Kevin as well. The gift Daisy has  been trying to hide may be the only thing that can save them or it might be the one the villain is after.

I am a big fan of paranormal things. I do get scared but I love reading about weird unexplainable events and ghost stories. Heck, I even joined a spirit of the glass session back in elementary. Well, if you are a fan of the supernatural too, this book is for you. The book is filled with weird lucid dreams and voices that you hear in your head and ghostly light apparitions to keep your nose buried for a while.

What I like about the book is that it kept me wondering chapter after chapter about what would happen next. I keep guessing that one character might be a villain or that everything might just be a figment of the character's imagination but all my guesses were wrong. I liked that the twist in the story was so covertly hidden no one would assume that it would happen.

I also liked the last part of the book. The story is told in the main character's point of view and I liked that something about the other characters were added at the last part. I like how their version of what happened was shown too.

All in all The Gift was a nice read. It was a refreshing break from too much drama and murders and all the heavy stuff I have been reading lately.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to post them below or on twitter @iamthebluedevil


Comments