MUSIC SHEETS - Fall Out Boy 2013: Saving Rock and Roll and Souls

August 8, 2013. This has got to be one of the best nights of my life!!


I've been a fan of Fall Out Boy since high school. And I must say, the hiatus really did them good! They've never sounded so better!




 Since I have other priorities to take care of, buying concert tickets were out of  the equation. But my heart was totally against my frugal decision. So day before the concert, I went and bought tickets!! My heart knew how much I love FOB and how much I would regret not seeing them. And I must say, I'm so glad I listened to my heart.

The show opened with Typecast playing some of their hits. Their was a slight trouble since the arena was not filled to the brim, people were jumping from the stands to the lower seats. However, after Typecast performed, security has asked all those who had skipped levels to go back to their designated seats. It took a while for them to setup but it was definitely worth it.


The light were turned off and screams echoed all throughout as Joe, Andy, Pete and Patrick went up on stage. The band started out with Thriller, as if promising a thrilling performance, followed by I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me. Then the crowd went wild when the band played one of their catchiest songs, A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me. It was followed by Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes and the set was ended by the second single from their latest album (and my favorite!!) The Phoenix.




Everyone was singing along, proof that Fall Out Boy's music is not just for someone to party into or to dance into but has depth and meaning. Also, the way fans sung along with them, every word was memorized by heart. Especially when they were performing one of their smash hits from their third album Infinity on High, This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race. The followed by another from the new album, Alone Together.

Then they performed What A Catch, Donnie which was from their Folie a Deux album. Then followed by Death Valley and Hum Hallelujah and Where Is Your Boy before ending the set with their biggest hit, Sugar We're Going Down.


Patrick then had to switch to an acoustic guitar to play Young Volcanoes. It was followed by Dance Dance, and I Don't Care. One of the best parts of the show was when Pete explained why they had to take a break and come back, I loved when he said, that their new album is for those who were told that they were or had nothing special. Because they want to believe that there is something special in them and in everyone. Then they went on with My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark.


I thought the concert ended already but they went backstage so that the stage crew could set up a keyboard for Patrick. This has got to be one of the best parts of the show. When they played Save Rock and Roll, a montage of rock icons were shown on the screen. It's like the song is an homage to rock and roll legends such as Freddie Mercury, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley and a lot more.




Fall Out Boy also performed one of their best covers and possibly one of the best covers of Michael Jackson's Beat It. Followed by another favorite of mine, Thnks Fr th Mmrs and their last song was from their first album Take This to the Grave, Saturday.



10 years since they started, Fall Out Boy is still as phenomenal as they were before. I tried to think what is it that makes them a favorite of almost every generation since during the concert, there were people of all ages. It's not just their catchy  punk rock music, or their classic anthem songs. It's not just the brotherhood of the band members. It's not just Andy's tattoos, or Joe's curly locks.Or Pete's charisma nor Patrick's golden voice (which I think is one of the best vocals for a rock band) but I think the collective of all these things that made Fall Out Boy last long. It's everything about them that still makes them one of my favorites even though they went on a hiatus. It's everything good about them that made them one of the best rock bands in history.

This is one of the best moments of my life. It was an amazing show! As Pete said, This is fucking awesome!!


To Fall Out Boy, Thank you for these memories. I will forever treasure them. You are not just saving Rock and Roll, you are saving souls.







Enjoyed the concert as well? Share your thoughts! Post them below or on twitter @iamthebluedevil



Comments

Post a Comment