MUSIC SHEETS - Power of Music

Dave Grohl once said that the great thing about music is is that you sing it to 85,000 people and they'll sing it back to you for 85,000 different reasons.




But he missed one thing. Yes, people would sing for thousands of different reasons but what is amazing about it is that all of those reasons are valid.

Have you ever had those moments wherein you just feel so happy that you dance to any music you hear? And after some time, when you hear that song again, you feel happy again or you'll remember that time when you were so happy. Or when you're really sad that any song you hear, regardless of the genre or whether it's a sad or happy song, would make you cry. I think that is one of music's super powers; to invoke a past feeling or to enhance the current state of your emotions. And the beauty
of it is that, whether it makes you happy or sad, it's okay to feel that way.

I just watched the Cory Monteith tribute episode on Glee and I was (or rather still am, at least until this  sentence is being written) crying like a baby. I know it was shown late last year but this is the first time I have watched the complete episode. I am a huge Glee fan and it just hurts to think that they are doing a tribute to him because he's gone ( I'm obviously still affected). I just could not bring myself to watch that episode because I know they are going to sing songs and I will be reminded that Cory Monteith is dead. And true enough, the moment Amber Riley sang I'll Stand By You, my eyes were an instant waterfall. It's kinda weird to still feel sad about it since he's been dead for almost a year now but when the song played, all the memories came rushing back. And the great part about it is that it's okay to still feel sad about it because of music.

Yesterday, I was listening to music while working. Miniature Tigers' Sex on the Regular was blasting through my ear and then The Scissor Sister's I Don't Feel Like Dancing and a whole lot of dancy playlist. And somehow it makes work seem lighter. It put me in a light cheerful mood. I was stressed with work but listening to music made the stress bearable.


What I'm trying to say is that whatever reason you have for listening to or singing a song, whether it makes you happy or sad, your reasons are valid. Whether you listen to a groovy tune to put yourself in a better mood or you belt out a heart wrenching ballad on the karaoke because you're sad, it is all
okay. Music makes it all okay. It's like a passport that allows us to feel any emotion without judgement or doubts. 




Share your thoughts! Post them below or on twitter @iamthebluedevil





Comments