FROM THYSHELF - Top Ten Books That Stayed With Me

So I was tagged by my cousin Christian and my friend Arra in this Facebook challenge. I am supposed to list ten books that have stayed with me in some way. According to the rules of this challenge, I must take only a few minutes to do this. Clearly, I broke that rule. I mean, if you're a bookworm and you have to choose only ten, you're probably gonna need more than a few minutes.

Anyway, here are my top ten books that, in some way, have stayed with me:



10. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of The West by Gregory Maguire

I have watched and read The Wizard of Oz since I was young and reading Wicked, it gave me anew perspective. That sometimes, too much love could turn people evil.

9. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

The sweetest yet saddest love and life story ever written. This book taught me to enjoy life even when oblivion is just around the corner.

8. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Timeless classic. Enough  said.

7. The Valkyries by Paulo Coelho

This was the first Coelho book that I have written and his words are magic.

6. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

I admit that I only read this book for English class but it was worth it. It was the perfect story of triumph and success also of the importance of family and culture.

5. The Catcher in The Rye by J.D. Salinger
Another timeless classic. This book spoke to me as if I was looking at a mirror. Brilliant story.

4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This hits right in the spot. Bulls eye.

3. Star Trek: Voyage to Adventure by Michael J. Dodge

I love which way books. and this is the first which way book that I had given to me by my father. Clearly he was teaching me to choose my own adventure in life or, just you know, he wants me to read. LOL

2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling


Ah..This series started everything. I was nine when I first read The Sorcerer's Stone and I was hooked. I started believing in magic, both the wizard kind and in the magic of books. I still do.

and my top pick:

1. The People in Pineapple Place by Anne Lindbergh
My most favorite book. This book taught me how to value things, people and time very much. It taught me that all good things come at the right time and go and the exact moment.

So that's my top ten choices. I am suppose to tag ten other people in this challenge so here goes:

Geneva Marcelino
Dianne Reyes
Reine San Luis
Julius Pahang
Vincent Ibanez
Roma Bito-Zengin
Chona Guarin
Kim Cleary
Tess Thompson
Kimiko Bambalan

I am tagging you since I know you love to read books too (or if I'm wrong, what would be on your top ten list of books that you would like to read).



P.S. There is one book that didn't make it to the top list but it holds a special place in my heart:

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery




Share your thoughts! Post them below, on Facebook or on Twitter!






Comments