SILVERSCREEN - Mockingjay Part 2

This is it!

The much awaited final part of the Hunger Games series is already here and I must say, it did not disappoint.

Mockingjay Part 2 opened last November 19 and here is what I thought about it:

Mockingjay Part 2:

Starring:
Jennifer Lawrence
Josh Hutcherson
Liam Hemsworth
Woody Harrelson
Julianne Moore
Elizabeth Banks
Natalie Dormer

The second installment of the 3rd part of the series picked up where the first installment left off. After realizing Peeta does not recognize her at all, Katniss Everdeen goes to the rebels and rallies them to fight the Capitol and President Snow. Little does she know that the Capitol is waiting for her and is ready to take her down.

As I've said before, it really pays to have the author of the book involved in the production of the adaptation movie. The transition of the story from the pages of the book to the silver screen is a crucial part of any adaptation.

Jennifer Lawrence really is an amazing actress. It's amazing how you don't see Jennifer Lawrence but you really see Katniss. Also in her other movies.

Since I already read the book, I was just waiting for the scenes to come up. Finnick Odair's death scene was quite scary. That was an emotional part of the book for me and watching it on the big screen was quite hard to do.

I always like it when I see theater actors in mainstream movies. Like Tony Award winning actress Patina Miller (Pippin) who played Paylor in the movie. Theater actors are so underrated yet their talents are so great.

One thing though, I'm not sure how I felt about the story being split into two. Harry Potter started the trend, because the book was too long to compress into one movie. Twilight also copied it in Breaking Dawn, but it was so unnecessary since the book was not that long. Mockingjay (the book) was also not that long to be split into two movies. But I did quite like how almost every important detail in the book was included in the movie.

Comments