ROADTRIP - My Favorite Places in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur is one of the top destinations in Malaysia. And being the capital of the country, it has a lot of tourists attractions to offer. Here are some of my favorite places in Kuala Lumpur:

1. Batu Caves

One of Malaysia's top tourist destinations, Batu Caves is a limestone hill with a series of caves and caves temple and is one of the mst popular Hindu Shrines outside of India. The temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan, the tallest statue of which is at the bottom of the hill.





2. Botanical garden

Located beside  KL Bird Park, The botanical garden, also known as Hibiscus Garden has some of the most beautiful flowering plants. Check out that lovely villa adorned with colorful variety of flowers.






3. Central Market

If you're looking for souvenirs and whatnot, this is the place to be in Kuala Lumpur. It has lots of stalls where you can buy anything from assorted keychains to colorful bajus, you can find it here. They also sell various Malaysian delicacies outside of the building.



4. Kuala Lumpur Train Station

The old Kuala Lumpur Train Station is a sight to behold. The huge renaissance style building looks like huge castle straight out of fairy tales. 



5. Thean Hou Temple

The Thean Hou Temple is one of the biggest Chinese temples in KL. A six-tiered temple atop a hill on Lorong Bellamy in Kuala Lumpur. The temple is dedicated to the Chinese goddess Mazu.


6. Suria KLCC

Below the famous Petronas Twin Towers is Suria KLCC Mall. A six floor mall located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Suria KLCC is the premier shopping destination of Kuala Lumpur.



7. Titiwangsa Lake Gardens

One of my personal favorite places, The Titiwangsa Lake Gardens features a 57 hectare lake with a jogging track, a cycling track, a children's playground, and a horse riding facility.


What other places in KL have you visited? Tell me about it.


Comments

  1. Central market is been change alot and seem nowadays is more happenings compare those time. Must take a day to revisit to get some memories back. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time didn't travel around Kuala Lumpur, have to find a day to visit these places and discover the beauty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it will probably take a whole day or even more to visit these places. And there are still lots of beautiful places in KL not on this list

      Delete
  3. Been to KL many times but haven't really visited any where

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed in KL for a year and been to most of these places just once too.

      Delete
  4. You have lovely photos! Guess its time to book tickets and return to KL again! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in KL but...i haven't been to Bt Caves. Lol ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's time you visit it. It's a great experience to go there

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo! KL really a nice place =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... nice photoshot... Love KL always... - Racheal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always bring my kids to KLCC and Thean Hou temple too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thean Hou temple is really beautiful. I love KLCC and the park. I used to go there every week

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos. You can visit Kuala Lumpur Bird Park if you haven't been there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading your post, other than Suria KLCC, I have not been to any KL spots that you shared ^.^'''' I really should spend some time to travel around KL with your notes to enjoy the places in KL <3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. KL has a lot of beautiful places to visit.

      Delete
  11. I really want to visit Batu caves and central market. Nice place

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great places to visit in kl.. We kl ppl should visit also. heheh~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems you had a pretty interesting day out! Nice pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most of the places I went before. The only place that I still have not visited is Batu Caves 😭

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm Malaysian but not from Kuala Lumpur myself. I have visited a good number of destinations in your list. And I don't mind going again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kind of weekend trip. Nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very shameful to say I haven't been to almost half of your KL road trip list, being a KL peep myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok. There's plenty of time to go on a KL road trip

      Delete
  18. Go and enjoy Jalan Alor's foods! They are a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jalan Alor. I used to work near there. Sadly I don't have good enough photos of the street to include in the list. hehe

      Delete
  19. Love all these places though can't say I have been to Thean Hou Temple.. really must check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so many interesting places to visit in KL. My two favorite places to visit has to be their train station and central market. I like to see architecture and cultural stuff when I go travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The architecture in the train station is really a must see.

      Delete
  21. KL has always been an exciting destination for me! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!!! Great pictures being snapped... those angles portrayed a must-go spot... perhaps, when you come over again, you could go over to the Muzium Negara, Bukit Ampang including the National Zoo... thanks for sharing exciting pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't been to the National Zoo that will be on my list when I come back

      Delete
  23. Although I live in KL, I only have been to KLCC. What a shame :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, you can still go to the other places.

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. yes and there are a lot of beautiful places to visit too

      Delete
  25. Malaysia is a cultural country that worth visit! As a Malaysian, I love travelling in my own country =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing. It is useful for traveler who would like to visit KL.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely photos! Looks like you had great time with your road trips. I've been to KL few times too and love batu caves and KLCC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yes I had the most amazing time in KL!

      Delete
  28. I like KL =) Thanks for writing this post to share the beautiful side of KL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment