SPOONFUL - Roasted Corn Soup

I love eating corn! There was a time though when I didn't eat corn for a while. When I was in high school, I had braces for a year and a half. (I'm not going to show pictures of me with braces because I discarded all of that! I look hideous!!) And there are certain types of food you can't eat because it can easily damage the braces, and that includes corn on the cob.

But now I'm metal free. I love eating corn. I love it steamed then lathered with butter and salt. Yum!

Anyway, I bought some corn a few days back and turned it into a soup. Rain was pouring and I thought, it was perfect for a rainy day.


Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
Corn
Onion
Chicken stock
Salt and pepper 
Cayenne pepper
Olive oil



Procedure:
1. Remove kernels from the cob. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and olive oil.
2. Place in a pan and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until slightly charred. Save some for garnishing.
3. In a saucepan, saute onions until translucent.
4. Add roasted corn kernel and saute. Add chicken stock.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend sauteed corn until smooth. Pass the puree in a sieve to remove unprocessed corn hull.
6. Simmer soup until cooked.  Top with remaining corn kernel.
7. Serve hot.

You can opt to lessen the blending to retain some bits of corn to make it chunky. I preferred it smooth with corn toppings because there are parts of the corn kernels my immersion blender can't fully process. That's why I had to sieve it.

Enjoy!


Comments

  1. It looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it also! Miss you, friend!

    Have a great day!

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corn too..must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I can also try the recipe soon too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to make me one of these when I'm feeling unwell ^^ Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never make corn soup. This recipe look simple to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks simple and yummy to make! Might try this soon. my son love corn ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and share it here when you do! Happy cooking!

      Delete
  7. I love corn too! And roasted corn soup sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love corn as well! But I never make my own corn soup. I have them when I go for buffets. I just eat corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the sacrifices of wearing braces! I really love corn flavoured food, surprisingly I've never tried corn soup! Gonna attempt this recipe one day! Thanks for sharing :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! Wearing braces was really a struggle before!

      Delete
  10. I love steamed corn too! Perhaps I should try out your recipe as well since I have never tried it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This corn soup looks so delicious and tasty. I am going to try this recipe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the recipe! I gonna try them out. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This corn soup looks great.. and yes, would so want to try it out too

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this recipe.
    Will try to cook one for my children.
    Healthy and Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i always thought corn soup not easy to cook but after seeing your sharing.. i was like.. wow.. that's it?? So easy!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment