SPOONFUL - SOTANGHON SERIES NO.2: Sotanghon Springrolls

As part of my Sotanghon series, here is another recipe where I used the dozens of glass noodles my dad brought home.  My mom has been making this recipe since I was in high school and I really enjoy eating this. It's delicious and the taste of the herbs used really bursts in your mouth. the recipe for the sauce is something I learned from one of my colleagues in Malaysia.



Anyway, here is the recipe for sotanghon springrolls:


Ingredients:

Spring roll:
Ground pork ( You can replace pork with chicken, beef, or even fish)
Sotanghon noodles
Red onion, minced
Carrots, minced
Kinchay, minced
Egg
Oyster sauce
Chicken broth cube/chicken powder
Salt and pepper
Lumpia wrapper
\
Dipping sauce:
Fish sauce
Lemon juice
honey
chili flakes
Cracked pepper

Procedure:
1. Soak the noodles in hot water until soft. Drain completely
2. Mix together all ingredients for the spring roll
3. Wrap portions of the mixture in lumpia wrappers
4. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown
5. For the sauce, mix together all ingredients and place in a bowl.
6. Serve

Enjoy!



Comments

  1. The recipes seem simple to make. Will try it out soon. Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks yummy! Thank you for recipe~~~! hehe.

    Click click,
    Stepheny Siew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I think I will replace Sotanghon with an alternative that's easier to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sotanghon is the same as glass noodles. You can get it at most grocery stores.

      Delete
    2. Ah, it makes more sense now. Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. thanks for the recipe.. will try it with chicken instead of pork since I cannot eat pork

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! This looks really delicious to have as a side dish or for snacks. Will definitely try it with my family one day. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Tell me if your family likes it!

      Delete
  6. Mouth watering already. Thanks for the recipe, great as snacks and meals.

    xx
    Puiyeesss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice meal. Will surely try this. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe, I shall try this out, I think my family will enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what your family thins when you try it out.

      Delete
  9. Looks easy to prepare and seems delicious too. Gonna make some during weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to prepare. Tell me about it when you make some

      Delete
  10. Looks so good, I wan to try it at home. Thanks fo sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa this looks so delicious! I am totally gonna have to try to make it sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious and photos makes me hungry. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you recommend other sotanghon cooking with different style? This sotanghon sounds like you can add to other kind of cuisine.

      Delete
    2. I'll be making other sotanghon recipes soon and will be posting it on the blog! Watch out for it!

      Delete
  13. This Sotanghon springrolls looks so delicious and easy to do. I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite a good recipe. Hope to try it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring roll is one of my favorite comfort food. Definitely would like to try to make this one someday soon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glass noodle with spring roll? Emmm sounds yummy! Would love to try some. Yummy 😋

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious. Might try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear… fried food is my favorite! I know oily stuff is not that healthy… but there is always air fryer, right? Thanks for sharing the recipe…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it using a air fryer but I think yes it would be less oily.

      Delete
  19. it doesn;t look too hard to make, but the end result looks so good! Yums, let me get the mrs to try it out :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tell me how it is when she tries it out!

      Delete
  20. Looks yum!! I love spring rolls and I would love to try this! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
    http://www.heymamacoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i wasnt expecting the recipe to be that simple...but yea i would totally try it out...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment