SPOONFUL - POMELO SALAD

I love eating pomelo! But it's a bit hard to peel because of that thick leathery skin. It's so thick some people turn it into candy.

Another thing I love about pomelo is when it's in a salad. Thai Pomelo salad is one of my favorite thai dishes.

So I decided to make my own version


Here are the ingredients

Pomelo
Lettuce, chopped,
Red onion, chopped
Dried shrimp
Greaseless peanuts
Toasted desicated coconut

dressing:
Lime juice
Fish sauce
Honey

Procedure:

1. Mix all ingredients for the dressing. Set aside
2. Using a mortar and pestle, crush the peanuts into coarse pieces.
3. Toss all salad ingredients together. Top with more peanuts and coconut.
4. Drizzle with the salad dressing and serve.



Tip:
toasted dessicated coconut is available in the market. However, if you can't find one, make it yourself. I used fresh dessicated coconut and popped it in an oven toaster for a few minutes. Just remember to check because they can easily burn. You don't want your salad to be bitter.


Happy cooking!


Comments