PIECES OF ME - Big 3'O!

I have been planning for this day for five years already.


In my plans, I would have woke up at about 3 AM, waiting for the tour guide that will take me to a breath taking tourist spot. Not sure though if I would be sleeping on the way, or probably grinning ear to ear with excitement all the way there.

At about 4:30 AM, I would have already paid entrance tickets, lined up or probably finding a good spot. Because In a few minutes, I would have been watching the sun rise from the Angkor Wat. It has always been my dream to watch the sun rise and glisten on the Angkor Wat's pagoda on my 30th birthday.

I have been planning this for five years already. However, due to the worldwide pandemic, all these plans are postponed.

Nevertheless, life goes on. I still turned 30 today. And the year that went by was, as always, an eventful one. I learned a lot about myself. I have traveled to amazing places, learned about different culture. I have climbed mountains, twice! I gained new friends, a new family even. I worked out harder than I thought I could have done. I launched new products at work. I was more politically aware of what was happening in the world. I was living the best out of my life.

But this year will be my sun rise. I am claiming it. Whatever darkness that came last year, I will be coming out brighter. I will shine as hard as I can and bring warmth and energy to the world. I will make sure of that.




Unfortunately, I am spending the first day of my 30th year, isolated from everyone (Just for two weeks!). But while I am alone, I am just gonna bid my time and wait till I can go out. 

Comments